Tuesday, March 17, 2015

41. Apartment Adornment

Other than the ordinary necessities like a bed, dresser, desk, etc., I want to buy some stylish home decorations for my new, empty apartment. I will be sharing my apartment with two other girls but I have my own room and bathroom. Therefore, I'm planning on decorating my room and bathroom just to my specific liking, trendy, creative, and colorful, and I intend to go all out.

I was thinking of a cute but functional way to display and organize my jewelry. Then I saw this picture on Pinterest. I liked the idea of having empty bottles to put my bracelets on.
I also like this miniature Eiffel Tower that I can put my rings on, and this cute vase to put my statement necklaces on.

The one thing I really need in my room is a vase full of light pink peonies. Peonies are my favorite flowers and I just love the idea of having flowers in my room to lighten the mood and brighten my day.






I want to buy several fashion books to use as decoration around my room. I would use them as an elevate surface, like in this picture, and just propped up for decoration. I would love the books Vogue: The Covers,
Kate Spade: Places to Go, people to See, Yves Saint Laurent Style, Paris Versus New York, Chanel: Collections and Creations, and Postcards from Vogue, just to name a few.

I really like the idea of displaying my perfume/makeup/any bathroom necessity on a three tier platter. It is a more feminine, sophisticated, and easy-access way to get ready in my bathroom.









I hope that I can successfully craft this Chanel perfume vase. I would print the label out as a sticker and then buy a vase similar to the one pictured here and put the sticker on it.









I would really like a white Buddha head to put in my room, maybe as a bookend or even to just prop my statement necklaces on. However, I'm not a Buddhist, but I do feel like the Buddha would bring a tranquility into my room, which I need from time to time. I also feel like the Buddha has become a home decor trend.



No comments:

Post a Comment